[Xorp-users] [URGENT] PIM-SM Operation on PowerPC Architecture

Mohd Arif mohd.arif at nechclst.in
Wed Jan 27 21:17:48 PST 2010

Dear All,
            I've compiled XORP for PowerPC architecture.
            Router Manager and PIM-SM are successfully running on the
PowerPC based board.
            The issue is that the Candidate RP is always sending
C-RP-Adv with ZERO hold time and ZERO priority.
            I changed the values of both configuration parameters using
CLI. But even then, hold time and priority is ZERO.

            In addition, whatever be the priority of static RP, the XORP
is always taking it as ZERO. (Information checked using "show pim rps"
command)

Can somebody suggest that what's going wrong?
            I'm sure that the configuration file is absolutely correct.
            Is there any kernel parameter which needs to be changed for
it?

            Kindly suggest. I've tried every approach that I had in my
mind but didn't get any positive result.

Best Regards,
Mohd. Arif

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .