[Xorp-users] (no subject) - ISIS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jul 8 23:12:55 PDT 2010

On 07/08/2010 09:09 PM, Patricio Latini wrote:
> Ben, thanks for the prompt response.
> Right now i have Xorp running in a pretty nice lab enviroment with OSPF
> and BGP with PIM multicast.
> However two Service providers that i work with, have told me they are
> planning to switch in the short term to IS-IS in V4 to support a single
> protocol operation in V4/V6. That is why i was asking about ISIS, i
> understand that OSPFv2 and V3 can do the same but at least what i have
> seen is that seems to be a shift to ISIS in some service providers.
>
> BTW, I have used XORP in my lab for years and consider it the most
> stable and performant routing suite for linux

Glad it's been working for you!

It might be possible to take the IS-IS support in Quagga and wrap it
into a xorp process, but likely it's not a trivial undertaking.

Or, maybe copy the OSPF code and start hacking on it.

Either way, I don't have time to do it..but can help answer questions
if someone else wants to make the attempt.