[Xorp-users] Reg :Thread creation inside a Xorp Process

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Jul 9 22:45:38 PDT 2010

On 07/09/2010 09:34 PM, amarnath at copperheadsystems.com wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> I am trying to integrate the L2 protocol suite with the Xorp, for this I
> am starting the entire L2 suite as a single process and from that i want
> to start different threads to handle each L2 protocol.My L2 suite is
> implemented with multi-threaded architecture.
>           Please suggest me a feasible method to do this.

If you already have a multi-threaded architecture, then why do
you need xorp to start any threads?

Either way, my suggestion is still to do it with non-blocking
IO in a select or poll loop if at all possible.  Programming with threads properly
is very difficult for any non-trivial application.

Can you provide more info on this 'L2' suite?  Is this some open-source
thing?