[Xorp-users] Generating PIM-SM control packets...

Tom.McMillan at l-3com.com Tom.McMillan at l-3com.com
Mon Jun 7 15:56:53 PDT 2010

In the document "XORP SIM-SM Test Suite 1.6", there is a mention on the
very first page of a mechanism for testing XORP:

"More specifically, the XORP PIM-SM implementation has extensions that
can be used to generate various PIM-SM protocol control packets for
testing purpose[s]."

But there's no other mention of these extensions elsewhere in the
document.  Where are these test extensions documented?  How do I
generate test packets?  Is there some piece of code somewhere that I can
use as a template for generating these test packets?  I'm not sure where
to look...

Thanks for any pointers that you can give me.

~ Tom McMillan