[Xorp-users] Generating PIM-SM control packets...

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 7 16:34:55 PDT 2010

On 06/07/2010 03:56 PM, Tom.McMillan at l-3com.com wrote:
> In the document “XORP SIM-SM Test Suite 1.6”, there is a mention on the
> very first page of a mechanism for testing XORP:
>
> “More specifically, the XORP PIM-SM implementation has extensions that
> can be used to generate various PIM-SM protocol control packets for
> testing purpose[s].”
>
> But there’s no other mention of these extensions elsewhere in the
> document. Where are these test extensions documented? How do I generate
> test packets? Is there some piece of code somewhere that I can use as a
> template for generating these test packets? I’m not sure where to look…
>
> Thanks for any pointers that you can give me.

I haven't tried, but maybe some of the *test* or other methods in
the xrl_pim_shell_funcs.sh file?

Maybe one of the original developers will speak up.

Or, possibly using something like gitk or 'git log' one could
search back and see if any commits went in mentioning that
feature.
This assumes you would be using a git import of the xorp
source code tree, such as my xorp.ct branch:
http://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct