[Xorp-users] [Xorp-hackers] Fwd: Is there any way you 'r seeing , to get xorp (multicast part) under 6 MB form 10 MB

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 10 09:33:40 PDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 02:29 AM, Adam Greenhalgh wrote:
> I've often wondered whether this would be any good ?
>
> http://cxx.uclibc.org/index.html

Might be interesting to see if xorp compiled against
it.

Another possibility would be to change all of our 'string'
class instances to 'xstring', and provide our own non-templated
string class.  On another project I worked on some years ago
this was a big binary space win (but, this was on a mips platform,
so who knows if modern stuff has the same penalty/gain).

If someone wants to go through and replace 'string' with 'xstring',
typdef string to xstring, and send me the patch, I'll drop in my
own string class and see how it goes.