[Xorp-users] [Xorp-hackers] Fwd: Is there any way you 'r seeing , to get xorp (multicast part) under 6 MB form 10 MB

Jeff Mitchell jmitchell at ll.mit.edu
Thu Jun 10 09:37:34 PDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 12:33 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 06/10/2010 02:29 AM, Adam Greenhalgh wrote:
>> I've often wondered whether this would be any good ?
>>
>> http://cxx.uclibc.org/index.html
>
> Might be interesting to see if xorp compiled against
> it.

Clang might be useful for the OP to check out too.

http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html

I don't know how it does with binary size -- getting a 40% reduction
isn't too easy -- but it may help.

The OP may also want to seriously consider building statically and then
using an executable packer like UPX:

http://upx.sourceforge.net/

No idea if this approach would bear fruit though.

--Jeff