[Xorp-users] Problem with network reachability

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun Jun 13 21:38:27 PDT 2010

On 06/13/2010 01:00 PM, Miroslav Todorovic wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> I didn't check routing tables in windows, but I did use traceroute for
> forwarding paths monitoring.
> If the packets could not be delivered to destination address, problem is
> router's forwarding. There is always one router, (first, the second or
> third on the path), in the network where the packets getting stuck. It
> could not realise how to forward packets to some other router, or its
> subnet.
> All router's routing tables are formed correctly.

If the routes are correct, then I have a hard time understanding
why it would not be forwarding packets.  Is ip_forward enabled?

Can you set up routes manually (w/out xorp running) to get it
working?

For multicast, make sure you have the time-to-live set to a large number
so that it will route through your network.

What version of xorp are you using?