[Xorp-users] Reread config file?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 17 11:53:37 PDT 2010

On 06/17/2010 06:39 AM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Is there a way to tell XORP to read a specific configuration file from
> the command line?
>
> I'd like to be able to adjust the config file and have running xorp read
> and commit it, but xorp_rtrmgr doesn't seem to have a way to do this,
> and I'm trying to avoid having to code it up in some expect-y way.

There is no way to re-read.  You can pass commands in via xorpsh -c 'whatever'
but it is hard to do any proper error checking once you send stuff to
xorpsh (we attempt to do all error checking before sending any commands
into xorpsh and expect the xorpsh commands to always work).

A patch to enable re-reading a config file would be welcome :)