[Xorp-users] OSPF point-to-multipoint issue

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Jun 18 13:36:20 PDT 2010

On 06/18/2010 12:42 PM, Vincent, Michael - 0665 - MITLL wrote:
>> So, in this case, router 1 has Full adjacency to 3, but 3 shows 1 as Down??
>> If so, that seems wrong, but maybe I just don't understand point to multi-point OSPF configs...
>
> Agreed.  Hence our dilemma.

So, if you remove a route on 3 (pointing towards 1 via router 5), it works?

What added the route to begin with..OSPF?

If it was OSPF, then I guess the code should be changed
to remove the route, perhaps when it starts receiving
broadcast pkts from the peer again?

Can you confirm that the problem happens on rejoin of the
networks and not on link 1-3 failure?  I had asked for
'show neighbor' on link failure, and if that was your second
set of dumps, then the problem appears to already exist before you
ever get to the rejoin phase.