[Xorp-users] Endless PIMv2 Register messages

Garry Peirce peirce at maine.edu
Mon Jun 28 13:06:08 PDT 2010

Jeff,
It wouldn't be the host doing this, but the DR router (in this case the XORP
router), encapsulating the packets (within PIM control msgs) towards what it
believes is the RP for this group.

Who does XORP think the RP for 234.5.6.8 is?
What do 'show pim neighbors' and 'show pim rps' and 'show pim mrib' look
like?