[Xorp-users] Need suggestion about Embedded platform requirments.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jun 29 07:10:35 PDT 2010

On 06/29/2010 06:29 AM, naresh raga wrote:
> Thanks Saurabh for your response.
>

>> >My experiments with xorp stats that cpu over-head is one time in
> initialization.
>
> CPU over-head is my concern. I had 2 arm9 boards.One with 200MHz and the
> other with 512MHz processor.I am trying to port xorp onto either of
> these boards.I had cross-compiler and cross-compiled openssl package.I
> have cross-compiled xorp-1.6 many times.
> I have tried to cross-compile xorp-1.7.It is asking for cross-compiled
> boost libraries.
> I think disabling ipv6,boost and log messages is in build of
> xorp.ct-1.8.For xorp.ct-1.8,I need to clone the repository using
>
> git clonegit://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct.git
>
> I had problem in cloning the repository using git.
> Our IIT institute uses LDAP and Kerberos systems for authorization
> and authentication.I am unable to know the procedure how to clone a repository
> behind such a proxy server.
>
> If you or Ben can mail me the xorp.ct-1.8(archived),I can work on it and use
>   the
> features Ben and you both added to it and see whether cross-compiled xorp.ct ports on
> my board.

You shouldn't need any authorization to download xorp.ct from github in
read-only mode:

git clone git://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct.git

Please email me the results if it does fail.

You can also download snapshots from github:

Click on the 'Download Source' button on this page:
http://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct