[Xorp-users] Endless PIMv2 Register messages

Jeff Mitchell jmitchell at ll.mit.edu
Tue Jun 29 09:12:19 PDT 2010

On 06/28/2010 05:10 PM, Williams, Mark wrote:
> There should only be one RP for any particular group. Try going to your other Xorp systems (192.168.20.2 and 192.168.20.3) and removing the cand-rp section of the config. Also, keep the cand-bsr section, but only one router should have the cand-bsr-by-vif-name entry.

This fixed my problem (I had to remove the cand-bsr section as well
since attempting to start XORP with just the cand-bsr-by-vif-name entry
removed resulted in an error).

My understanding was that this setup should have worked, since the RP
and BSR should have been chosen from the candidates; was this an issue
with my configuration, or with XORP?

Thanks,
Jeff