[Xorp-users] MFEA crashing on system with subinterfaces

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Jun 30 16:27:54 PDT 2010

On 06/30/2010 03:59 PM, Williams, Mark wrote:
> I was able to get some interfaces working by removing the default-system-config primitive and specifying all the necessary information. However, I cannot get the 802.1q tagged interfaces to work. It allows me to create a vif with a vlan-id specified, but when I try to create the mfea4 interface, I get an error saying that the underlying vif is not up.

I fixed a bunch of problems related to dynamically configuring protocols
and interfaces in xorp.ct.  I don't know if it will fix your problem,
but at least it has a chance.  And, if you can still reproduce it on
xorp.ct, I'll attempt to fix it :)

One other thing, in xorp.ct, you must specify all interfaces that you want
to use in the xorp.cfg file (or later through xorpsh).  It will ignore
any interfaces present in the system that are not configured in xorp.