[Xorp-users] Building Xorp SVN on Linux Debian sparc fail with "cast from 'uint8_t*' to 'ArpHeader*' increases required alignment"

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 10 09:45:26 PST 2010

On 03/09/2010 12:43 PM, Jose Manuel dos Santos Calhariz wrote:

> Most of the patchs are to the old build system with makefiles.  But yes,
> there will be bugs reports with the patches.
>
> The page with the lastest package and source code is:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/xorp
>
> The tar.gz file is the pristine code from xorp.org, the diff.gz file
> is a big patch with all the files required for building the xorp
> package for Debian.

Thanks.  I'll take a look at these patches in the next few days.

> I don't promise anything, but I am working in a solution.  The NAT
> firewall is not the only problem.  I only work on xorp issues during
> my free time.

It looks like I might be able to use qemu to boot, say, an ubuntu PPC disk
to emulate a power-pc build on my x86 box.  If it's a common non-x86 architecture
issue, this should reproduce the build problems and let me fix them
properly.

I'm downloading that now.