[Xorp-users] Building Xorp SVN on Linux Debian sparc fail with "cast from 'uint8_t*' to 'ArpHeader*' increases required alignment"

Jose Manuel dos Santos Calhariz jose.spam at netvisao.pt
Wed Mar 10 15:41:20 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:45:26AM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 03/09/2010 12:43 PM, Jose Manuel dos Santos Calhariz wrote:
>
>> Most of the patchs are to the old build system with makefiles.  But yes,
>> there will be bugs reports with the patches.
>>
>> The page with the lastest package and source code is:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/sid/xorp
>>
>> The tar.gz file is the pristine code from xorp.org, the diff.gz file
>> is a big patch with all the files required for building the xorp
>> package for Debian.
>
> Thanks.  I'll take a look at these patches in the next few days.
>
>> I don't promise anything, but I am working in a solution.  The NAT
>> firewall is not the only problem.  I only work on xorp issues during
>> my free time.
>
> It looks like I might be able to use qemu to boot, say, an ubuntu
> PPC disk to emulate a power-pc build on my x86 box.  If it's a
> common non-x86 architecture issue, this should reproduce the build
> problems and let me fix them properly.
>
> I'm downloading that now.

Not exactly.  Archs in Debian that compile without problems are:
  - x86-64
  - i386
  - powerpc
  - s390

Archs that don't compile are:
  - alpha
  - armel
  - hppa
  - ia64
  - mips
  - mipsel
  - sparc

The following page show a table with the Debian versions and the
emulated archs inside qemu.  Possibly the best emulated arch is MIPS.
Have Platinum Rating and is one of the affected archs.

http://www.claunia.com/qemu/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=24

> Thanks,
> Ben

    Jose Calhariz

Posso imaginar muitas coisas mais importantes que ser amado por todo mundo

--Robert Murdoch