[Xorp-users] Building Xorp SVN on Linux Debian sparc fail with "cast from 'uint8_t*' to 'ArpHeader*' increases required alignment"

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfs at computer.org
Thu Mar 11 06:50:07 PST 2010

2010/3/9 Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>:

> Also, I notice you are adding a lot of patches in those build logs.
> Are these in SVN yet?  If not, can you post which ones still need to be
> accepted (maybe put them in the bug-tracker too).

Yes, we have to clean out the existing patches and submit them
upstream (to the bug-tracker) to get them in the code.

> And, since lots of other architectures fail to compile...are there any of
> *those* that
> I could get an account on to try to fix the compile issues?

Unfortunately not, those machines are (for security reasons) only
accessible directly by Debian developers and we cannot grant access to
others to them. You can use me as a "proxy" for your tests although I
understand that is difficult and makes it more difficult to fix these
issues.

In any case, I can try to fire off some emails to see if we can get
you access to any of these, but seems improbable.

Regards

Javier