[Xorp-users] Reducing Xorp binary setup size ?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Fri Mar 12 05:40:35 PST 2010

Hi friends,

I am intrested in minimizing the size of xorp binary-set (due to memory
restrictive target),

My focus is only usage of IGMP and PIM form the xorp.

So far I managed to run xorp for multicating (IP4 only) , with only
following binaries ..

1) fib2mrib,

2) xorp_rtrmgt ,          (This requires huge space around 2.17 MB !)

3) fea ,                         (This requires huge space, around 3.39 MB
!)

4) igmp,

5) pim4 ,                      (This also requires huge space, around 3.12
MB !)

6) xorp_finder,

7) xorp_rib                  (I don't understand why I need it.. without
this xorp is not able to start)

+ /xrl target files + template files in /etc

All combine stripped binary size now being seen is around 13.16 MB :-),

I want to strip is down further, as as small possible .

(by mean of further more wise config file or compilation options ..etc)

I want to clarify that,

->I only intend to use IPV4

->I am using fib2mrib to take routes from OS.

->I have not used xorp shell.

Happy to hear your ideas .

Saurabh