[Xorp-users] Interfaces must be connected to a switch all - FEDORA 12

Achmad Basuki abazh18 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 06:19:35 PDT 2010

Hi Ben,

Perhaps the easiest way to create the rpm package is by editing from
the existing .spec file.
1. Download and install the src.rpm file from
http://abazh.ai3.net/xorp/fedora/12/SRPMS/
    in your home directory
   # rpm -ivh http://abazh.ai3.net/xorp/fedora/12/SRPMS/xorp-1.7-WIP.1.fc12.src.rpm
2. The above command will automatically install the source files and
creating directories under
   your home directory:
   ~/rpmbuild/...
3. Modify the .spec to suit to your needs. Compiling command,
patching, defining install directories, etc. must be defined in this
.spec file.
    The .spec file will be at ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/
4. Build it (assuming "rpm-build" package has been installed)
    ex. commands:
       rpmbuild -bb xorp.ct.spec  # building only the binary rpm
       rpmbuild -ba xorp.ct.spec  # building binary and the source
    The .rpm packages will be stored in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/... (binary)
and ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/... (source)

That's all I guess, but maybe you and other have different approaches
on creating the RPMs.

regards,

Abazh