[Xorp-users] Reducing Xorp binary setup size ?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 17 16:43:06 PDT 2010

On 03/17/2010 08:01 AM, saurabh wrote:

> Thanks Ben,
>
> I have checked the patch it is impressive in size reduction...
>
> But this is not running (died while searching for xorp_igmp , as it disabled
> module due to disable_ipv6) .. so then I tried to compile it with just
> disable_fw and disable_profile .. it again being self killed in xorp startup
> (rtr_mgt process)
>

> I have sent you logs ..
>
> 1) latest ct xorp's startup log
> 2) Config file
> 3) Same config file same machine using regular xorp (just to conform my
>     setup) , which was working fine.
>

> So I doubt that , by applying disable_ipv6 and disable_fw few of the
> dependencies are there and that's why xorp is not being able to start VIFs
> (as per log)

I fixed the firewall issue.

OSPF now works for me with disable_fw=yes disable_profile=yes

BUT:  When I disable IPv6, xorpsh won't connect properly and neither
does OSPF work.  I'm going to have to dig back through that horribly
large patch and try to see what I broke.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>