[Xorp-users] Reducing Xorp binary setup size ?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 18 01:04:32 PDT 2010

On 03/17/2010 04:43 PM, Ben Greear wrote:

> I fixed the firewall issue.
>
> OSPF now works for me with disable_fw=yes disable_profile=yes
>
> BUT:  When I disable IPv6, xorpsh won't connect properly and neither
> does OSPF work.  I'm going to have to dig back through that horribly
> large patch and try to see what I broke.

Ok, I backed out the large patch, and started adding smaller ones.

So far, it's passing my relatively simple testing (ospfv2 between two
routers).

Still need to add back more of the code to get the size back down...total
savings is about 1MB though.

Please pull the latest xorp.ct and see if it works for you.

Compile with:  disable_ipv6=yes disable_fw=yes disable_profile=yes