[Xorp-users] Reducing Xorp binary setup size ?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 18 23:34:01 PDT 2010

I just committed another large chunk of changes to
conditionally compile ipv6.  This time, I've tested
OSPF (two routers set up routes properly), and at least
started: bgp, pim, static-routes

On 64-bit Fedora 11, full build size is: 19620KB,
with ipv6, firewall, and profiling disabled, size is: 17792

I think I have the bulk of it done...maybe a few more piece of fea
to clean up tomorrow.  When I'm done with the massive changes, you
could do additional cleanup basically by finding any mention of ipv6,
#ifdef'ing it out with #ifdef HAVE_IPV6, and then fix everything
that breaks.  I suggest starting small..it's easy to end up with 6MB patches!