[Xorp-users] problem with multicast routing

Miroslav Todorovic miro_todorovic at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 13:56:04 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have the problem with communication in my virtual enviroment. I've installed xorp on two machine (emulated router). When I try to ping router's interfaces from another VM (virtual machine), I could only ping interface which is on the same subnet mask as VM that I use to ping from. Communication between two router's interfaces exists. So, I could ping all router's interfaces from another router, but could not from another VM (which is not router).
When I start xorp_rtrmgr I'm getting this warning:

'RX PIM_HELLO from 100.100.2.5 to 224.0.0.13 on vif eth0: source must be directly connected'

What does it mean?

Thank you a lot!