[Xorp-users] OSPF Hello messages not exchanged after some period, and link status becomes dead

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun Mar 28 09:42:26 PDT 2010

On 03/28/2010 06:49 AM, Dejan Petkovic wrote:
> Ben hi again,
>
> I have managed to get the compiling to the end.
>
> The issue was that needed
>
> yum install ncurses-devel

Maybe someone will figure out how to do a scons configure test for
this and tell user's about the problem an likely cure before starting
the compile!

> because ncurses have been installed, BUT the devel package has not! So
> now compiling is fine.
>
> I have used the old config files from the xorp 1.6, but to my
> surprise, even if the two virtual containers can ping each other, the
> hello packets are not transmitted! I can't even sniff them on the
> interfaces.
>
> I wonder what might be the issue here. Is it safe using config files
> fromm the XORP 1.6 or am I missing something else here?

Using the old config file should be fine for everything but vrrp,
which I changed slightly to need a subnet mask for it's 'ip'.

Do you still see linux command-line tools blocked on the console?  If
so, I still think its a kernel bug.

Can you configure xorp_rtrmgr to log to a file and send me the entire
file?  I'm curious if there are any errors in there.