[Xorp-users] OSPF Hello messages not exchanged after some period, and link status becomes dead

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 31 19:06:48 PDT 2010

On 03/31/2010 05:33 PM, Dejan Petkovic wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am setting up xorp.ct on multiple OpenVZ containers.
>
> Could you please let me know how to run multiple virtual routers on
> one container? When I tried starting another OSPF instance on the same
> machine, I have got the following message:
>
>   2010/03/31 17:30:09.762775  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:29781 LIBCOMM
> libcomm/comm_sock.c:160 comm_sock_bind4 ] Error binding socket (family
> = 2, my_addr = 127.0.0.1, my_port = 19999): Address already in use
> [ 2010/03/31 17:30:09.763113  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:29781 RTRMGR
> rtrmgr/main_rtrmgr.cc:315 run ] Address already in use: a finder may
> already be running.
>
> How can I configure on which port the process should start? Or this is
> not configurable?

Well, the cfg below will start you two routers.  At the minimum, they cannot share
configured interfaces and should not share routing tables.  Without some
kernel patches and clever 'ip rule add' logic, they cannot talk to each
other properly, and their routes will be in individual routing tables, so
if you want other code to use them, they must have ip rules added so that they
use the tables.  This can be a very complex topic..took me quite a while to
get it working in our product, so best of luck :)

[root at ct503-10G-09 lanforge]# more vr_conf/xorp-vr10001.conf
/* Autogenerated by LANforge, do not edit by hand! */
/* For Virtual-Router: Router-0 */

interfaces {

     interface "rddVR6" {
         vif "rddVR6" {
             address 2.2.2.1 {
                 prefix-length: 24
             }
         }
     }

}

fea {
     unicast-forwarding4 {
         disable: false
         table-id: 101
     }
}

protocols {

     ospf4 {
         router-id: 127.1.0.1
         area 0.0.0.0 {
             interface "rddVR6" {
                 vif "rddVR6" {
                     address 2.2.2.1 {
                        interface-cost: 1
                     }
                 }
             }

         } /* area */
     }
}

  /* End of Config File */

# config file 2

/* Autogenerated by LANforge, do not edit by hand! */
/* For Virtual-Router: Router-1 */

interfaces {

     interface "rddVR7" {
         vif "rddVR7" {