[Xorp-users] xorp1.6 fails to run on Debian Etch 2.6.18-5-486

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed May 5 20:34:52 PDT 2010

On 05/05/2010 01:11 PM, AWalton wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem upgrading from xorp1.4 to 1.6. I have 4 production
> routers that have been running 1.4 since 2007ish, but recently I started
> to have the xorp bgp process crash when peering with a routerOS board
> that had been upgraded to the latest version of the routerOS code.
>
> Anyhow I have a test system with the same hardware and kernel as the
> production devices. They are all running 2.6.18-5-486 on VIA 800Mhz 486
> clones.
>
> The test system seems to compile 1.6 without problems apart from some
> warnings about 'soprint' command or something, but I think I have seen
> this 'way back when' and it was never a problem.

If you can reproduce the bgp issues on xorp.ct (which should become xorp 1.8-WIP release as
soon as we can get 1.7 out the door), I am interested in seeing logs, core-files, etc
and will attempt to fix them.  I don't have interest in messing with 1.6, however.

I fixed a few crashes in bgp lately in xorp.ct, and it mostly passes the
test harness scripts, but there could be more issues for sure.

http://www.candelatech.com/oss/xorp-ct.html