[Xorp-users] xorp1.6 fails to run on Debian Etch 2.6.18-5-486

AWalton awalton at wires3.net
Thu May 6 00:17:42 PDT 2010

Hi Ben,
I can in fact help here, as it is simple for me to re-produce, however
getting logs from my xorp1.4 install is not easy. It never worked. In
fact I have tried repeatedly to get logging working but each time it
would start logging and then stop suddenly never to resume.

So here's a few questions:
What is xorp.ct?
What do I need to do to get logging working correctly on 1.4
This bug crashes my network, so I will need to do this in the early
hours of the morning otherwise I will upset my customers, so we need to
get this right first time.

Please help me to help you.

BTW, why the lack of interest in 1.6. Is there some major change that
has occurred architecturally. Are you telling me that xorp1.6 is on a
different code tree? Why are you wishing to bug fix the old release?

Thanks
Aidan