[Xorp-users] xorp1.6 fails to run on Debian Etch 2.6.18-5-486

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu May 6 07:56:05 PDT 2010

On 05/06/2010 12:27 AM, AWalton wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> OK now I see what you xorp-ct is.
> I thought you referred to the older code mainline xorp. Look as much as
> I would like to help, I can not easily get the problem re-produced with
> xorp-ct. It is no joke to upgrade core router code on a production
> (paying customer) network.
>
> If you are not interested in the BGP bug and the logs I may get from
> xorp1.4 then thank you for the suggestions. I will just have to try
> somewhere else.

Likely the code has changed too much for me to debug your 1.4 traces in
1.7 code.  If you have a scenario that we could reproduce somehow, then
I'll try to do that.  Can you maybe put a secondary development xorp box
in a similar place in the network (but not handling actual customer traffic)
to reproduce the problem?

Or, can you configure a stand-alone RouterOS box and xorp by itself to reproduce
the problem?