[Xorp-users] [Xorp-hackers] Anyone used bgp with ipv6 lately?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat May 8 09:31:15 PDT 2010

On 05/07/2010 01:25 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I'm having all sorts of issues trying to get bgp working with ipv6.
>
> Has anyone successfully tried this with 1.6 onwards?

To follow up...I had forgotten to set the ipv6 nexthop, and that got
my system in an endless loop of adding and deleting routes (which
caused show-routes to crash, which slowed me down for a bit too.)

I fixed the show-routes bug in xorp.ct, and opened a bug to track
the next-hop6 issue.

Once I set the next-hop6 for the peer, things worked fine.