[Xorp-users] How to add/join a router to a specific multicast address in Xorp.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon May 10 15:17:05 PDT 2010

On 05/08/2010 04:59 PM, naresh raga wrote:
>  >Maybe post your xorp log file and config file?
>
>  >Thanks,
>  >Ben
> Here is the config file of PC2 having Xorp connected to PC1(Quagga).
>
> PC1(eth0)---------(eth2)PC2
> PC1(eth0) address is 10.64.25.10/16

It looks like you are configuring multicast routing.  You don't
need to do that just to get OSPF to talk multicast packets to other
OSPF routers, as far as I know.

Are your OSPF routers directly connected by a LAN?

Why are you using 'p2m' for the link type?

 From reading through the xorp manual briefly, it seems that if you are
using p2m type connection, you do need to specify the neighbor.  Probably
OSPF doesn't open a multicast listening socket for this type of
interface.  I don't know if that is correct behaviour or not.