[Xorp-users] What shall we do before releasing xorp 1.7?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue May 11 10:26:17 PDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 10:18 AM, Garry Peirce wrote:
> Do I recall correctly that 1.7 will include some of xorp.ct work with 1.8 to
> include all of it?
> Any insight on what features/fixes will still separate xorp.ct and 1.7?

I do not have any current plans to put any more of xorp.ct into 1.7.  I have
already previously submitted some patches to 1.7, but not the bulk of xorp.ct.

Basically, my view is that 1.7 will be similar to 1.6 with a few bug fixes and
a conversion to scons (and with some boost template tweaks thrown in).

1.8 will include all of xorp.ct if I have my way, and I would expect to start working
on a 1.8 release candidate soon after I merge in xorp.ct.

If I can merge all of xorp.ct into upstream xorp in the 1.8 timeframe, then I'll keep
xorp.ct as a staging area for my development work, but would expect to keep it and upstream
very close in sync.