[Xorp-users] [Xorp-hackers] What shall we do before releasing xorp 1.7?

Mark Handley M.Handley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue May 11 14:51:32 PDT 2010

On 11 May 2010 22:02, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 01:57 PM, Mark Handley wrote:
>>
>> I'm not worried about adding any features - my main wish list item is
>> that we get back to similar test coverage to previous releases, so
>> we're confident we know about any regressions that happened.
>
> So do you want me to backport the bgp test harness fixups and
> bgp code to fix the bugs I found before we release
> 1.7?  I don't have a good way to test actual functionality of such
> backported code aside from the test harness, though the risk isn't
> too bad.
>
> Backporting code isn't the most fun thing to do in the world,
> but probably not too difficult, so I'll do it if you want.

If you can do so, that would be ideal.  Even though this is very much
an interim release, we do need coverage to ensure it's of adequate
quality and to see if anything else needs fixing.  Buildbot certainly
indicates your tree has much better test coverage at the moment than
the sourceforge tree.

 - Mark