[Xorp-users] [Xorp-hackers] What shall we do before releasing xorp 1.7?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue May 11 16:19:46 PDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 02:51 PM, Mark Handley wrote:
> On 11 May 2010 22:02, Ben Greear<greearb at candelatech.com>  wrote:
>> On 05/11/2010 01:57 PM, Mark Handley wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not worried about adding any features - my main wish list item is
>>> that we get back to similar test coverage to previous releases, so
>>> we're confident we know about any regressions that happened.
>>
>> So do you want me to backport the bgp test harness fixups and
>> bgp code to fix the bugs I found before we release
>> 1.7?  I don't have a good way to test actual functionality of such
>> backported code aside from the test harness, though the risk isn't
>> too bad.
>>
>> Backporting code isn't the most fun thing to do in the world,
>> but probably not too difficult, so I'll do it if you want.
>
> If you can do so, that would be ideal.  Even though this is very much
> an interim release, we do need coverage to ensure it's of adequate
> quality and to see if anything else needs fixing.  Buildbot certainly
> indicates your tree has much better test coverage at the moment than
> the sourceforge tree.

The 'scons check' hasn't completed..but this is at least close.  If 'scons check'
passes..any objections to this patch going into 1.7?

This patch:

*  Makes bgp compile with shared libraries.
*  Fixes up some utils and libxipc stuff to compile for the bgp harness.
*  Fixes bgp harness logic to work with new path layout.
*  Runs xorp bgp harness logic when 'scons check' is requested.
*  Fixes some BGP asserts I found in xorp.ct testing.