[Xorp-users] Redistributing the system kernel route table into OSPF

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon May 31 11:04:28 PDT 2010

On 05/28/2010 10:01 AM, Ben Greear wrote:

>> Hi Ben,
>> I just want to inform you that the patch provided by Pavlin is not working
>> properly.I have tried to insert some 1000 routes into kernel routing table
>> and all the routes were not being advertised by OSPF.
>> This is for your information as you have added this patch to your xorp.ct.
>
> Can you explain your test case in detail so that I might try to reproduce
> it in xorp.ct?  For instance, how are you adding the routes?  How many
> of the routes *do* show up in OSPF?  Same routes show up each time?

I just tested this with xorp.ct.  I was able to create 2000 routes
in a tight loop and have them properly propagated to a peer OSPF
router.  This is on an embedded Atom processor system running two
Xorp instances peered through a 1.5Mbps emulated connection.

I added a script: tests/add_routes.pl to xorp.ct to generate
these routes.  It could easily be tweaked to work with other configs,
but right now it's hard-coded to my specific setup.

So, if you can reproduce the error in xorp.ct, then I'm interested
to know more about how you are creating routes, but it appears to
work fine in xorp.ct.

I'm going to put xorp.ct on github today if all goes well, so even
if you can't check it out from our dmz.candelatech.com machine,
you should be able to get it.