[Xorp-users] PIM-SM multiple receivers

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Nov 3 20:52:47 PDT 2010

On 11/03/2010 02:20 PM, Jayasri Sangu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a network with four PIM-SM routers as given below.
>
> Oval: REC - 3Oval: REC - 2Oval: REC - 1Oval: Sender
>
> R3 with PIM-SM
>
> R3 with PIM-SM
>
> R2 with PIM-SM
>
> R1 with PIM-SM
>
> LAN
>
> When the sender sends the multicast packet, only one receiver is receiver is receiving the
>
> multicast packets. Why not other two receivers are not receiving the multicast packets?
>
> I can see all the PIM routers have other three PIM routers as neighbors and receiving the BOOTSTRAP messages
>
> from all other three routers.

You might check the linux kernels to see if it has MR entries for
each of the systems attempting to listen?

cat /proc/net/ip_mr_cache
cat /proc/net/ip_mr_vif

You might sniff to see if the routers see the pkt on the upstream
interface, and make sure it has large enough TTL.

Make sure you can unicast ping from source to all of your
sink machines.

What version of xorp are you using, and what OS?