[Xorp-users] VDE and CLICK which version support xorp-ct?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Oct 6 13:01:25 PDT 2010

On 10/06/2010 12:54 PM, Diego Augusto Pinzon Carreño wrote:
> hi list..
>
> i just try  VDE a Virtual Distributed Ethernet
> network(http://vde.sourceforge.net/) and Virtualbox with XORP.
> for a practice in a class-room, my teacher ask me about the posibility
> of do a practice about add some packet limit to a interface and chances
> that interface when the limit up and get late sometime  the packets. my
> first aproach was do with CLICK uses as part of FEA, so my question what
> version of CLICK has been tested?.

If you want to do network emulation (add delay, packet-loss, etc),
then you might want to research 'netem'.

That should be done outside of xorp, I think.

I don't think CLICK is supported by xorp 1.6 or xorp.ct, but patches
to fix this are welcome!

> p.d:.its a work of class-room our teacher asked about free  open routes
> plataforms and let choose one
> p.d1:i'm working for a little modulo to add some administrative tool.
> maybe send log xorp message  to mail account or textmessage to user xorp
> about log.

Please consider developing against xorp.ct, and if you do come up with
a patch, I'll be happy to consider putting into xorp.ct.