[Xorp-users] how to make forwarding plane on different machine

张景芳 zjf2005911 at 126.com
Tue Sep 21 01:42:26 PDT 2010

Somebody knows how forwarding plane reside on different machine than XORP (as described in XORP FEA document). . Lets say that machine A running the FEA and FE(say click), and machine B is running the rtrmgr and all other modules (RIB, RIP, etc). I found someone say that  XORP finder (running on B) can know that the FEA is running on A, http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-hackers/2005-August/000430.html
Here is the configure from A:
interfaces {
    interface eth1{
 vif eth1{
     address 10.0.0.1 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
}
fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
 disable: false
    }
    click {
 disable: false
 duplicate-routes-to-kernel: false
 kernel-click {
     disable: true
     install-on-startup: true
     kernel-click-modules: "/path/to/proclikefs.o:/path/to/click.o"
     mount-directory: "/click"
     kernel-click-config-generator-file: "/home/nodea/xorp-1.6/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
 }
 user-click {
     disable: false
     command-file: "/usr/local/bin/click"
     command-extra-arguments: "-R"
     command-execute-on-startup: true
     control-address: 127.0.0.1
     control-socket-port: 13000
     startup-config-file: "/dev/null"
     user-click-config-generator-file: "/home/nodea/xorp-1.6/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
 }
    }
}

this is B's:

interfaces {
    interface eth4{
 vif eth4{
     address 10.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
    interface eth5{
 vif eth5{
     address 11.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
    interface eth6{
 vif eth6{
     address 12.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
    interface eth7{
 vif eth7{
     address 13.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
}
protocols {
    ospf4 {
 router-id: 10.0.0.2
 area 0.0.0.0 {
     interface eth4 {
  vif eth4 {
      address 10.0.0.2  {
      }
  }
     }
 }
    }
}
I want B can communicate with A , but it was not working...someone tell me why ? and how can I make this happen?
--

jfzhang