[Xorp-users] help, How to configure a distributed router

张景芳 zjf2005911 at 126.com
Tue Sep 21 02:06:16 PDT 2010

Hi , everyone
I am now doing a distributed router, the control module on a single machine, the forwarding plane on another machine, how to make the two modules communicate?I saw someone said, you can do:
machine A is running the FEA, and machine B is running the rtrmgr
and all other modules (RIB, RIP, etc). The XORP finder (running on
B) knows that the FEA is running on A, so all XRLs destined to the
FEA will be sent to A's IP address.
This work?When I configured in machine A:

interfaces {
    interface eth1{
 vif eth1{
     address 10.0.0.1 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
}
fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
 disable: false
    }
    click {
 disable: false
 duplicate-routes-to-kernel: false
 kernel-click {
     disable: true
     install-on-startup: true
     kernel-click-modules: "/path/to/proclikefs.o:/path/to/click.o"
     mount-directory: "/click"
     kernel-click-config-generator-file: "/home/nodea/xorp-1.6/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
 }
 user-click {
     disable: false
     command-file: "/usr/local/bin/click"
     command-extra-arguments: "-R"
     command-execute-on-startup: true
     control-address: 127.0.0.1
     control-socket-port: 13000
     startup-config-file: "/dev/null"
     user-click-config-generator-file: "/home/nodea/xorp-1.6/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
 }
    }
}

In machine B, this configuration:

interfaces {
    interface eth4{
 vif eth4{
     address 10.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
    interface eth5{
 vif eth5{
     address 11.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
    interface eth6{
 vif eth6{
     address 12.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
    interface eth7{
 vif eth7{
     address 13.0.0.2 {
  prefix-length: 24
     }
 }
    }
}
protocols {
    ospf4 {
 router-id: 10.0.0.2
 area 0.0.0.0 {
     interface eth4 {
  vif eth4 {
      address 10.0.0.2  {
      }
  }
     }
 }
    }
}

This is not work.I used telnet login on the machine A click, and found that there is no  interfaces information of B .How should I configure A and B to make this happen.

thanks !
--

jfzhang