[Xorp-users] Click as forwarding engine

Kiran Nagaraja kiran.nagaraja at rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:10:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,

 From looking at the archives (and use attempt), I gather that recent
versions of XORP no longer support Click as forwarding engine, and that
some previous version combination of the two might work (xorp 1.52 and
click 1.6.0 ?) for those interested.

We're looking to run BGP and a custom protocol, modules of which we're
looking to build as Click elements. I quite like XORP framework and
wanted to find out: 1.) if we're losing anything (major) by backtracking
to older version, and 2.) if there's considerable interest to
resurrecting Click under XORP. Any details on how much the two
components have deviated in their interfaces?

Thanks in advance for any comments,
- Kiran