[Xorp-users] Click as forwarding engine

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Apr 28 11:15:14 PDT 2011

On 04/28/2011 11:10 AM, Kiran Nagaraja wrote:
>   Hi all,
>
>  From looking at the archives (and use attempt), I gather that recent
> versions of XORP no longer support Click as forwarding engine, and that
> some previous version combination of the two might work (xorp 1.52 and
> click 1.6.0 ?) for those interested.
>
> We're looking to run BGP and a custom protocol, modules of which we're
> looking to build as Click elements. I quite like XORP framework and
> wanted to find out: 1.) if we're losing anything (major) by backtracking
> to older version, and 2.) if there's considerable interest to
> resurrecting Click under XORP. Any details on how much the two
> components have deviated in their interfaces?

At the least, if you use an older version, it's a lot less likely
anyone will be able to offer much help with bugs you may find.

I would be happy to accept patches to code and documentation to get click working in
the latest code.  I have no idea how much things have deviated
since click last worked, but likely to too much.