[Xorp-users] Command line configuration for RIP

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Aug 4 18:08:59 PDT 2011

On 08/04/2011 05:46 PM, jobhunts02 at aol.com wrote:
> I am trying to use cli_send_processor_xrl or cli_generic to do the configuration, not xorpsh.
>
> The following command did not give me an error:
>
> ./cli_generic -x rip/rip/0.1/set_interpacket_delay ifname sat0 vifname sat0 addr 10.0.1.220 t_msecs 29
>
> Is that the correct syntax?
>
> I want to read it back to see if it was set but I cannot figure out how to do the interpacket_delay
>
> command without getting errors. What would be the syntax for the interpacket_delay command?

I always use xorpsh for this sort of thing, but you might check the 'scons check' targets
for some examples that use shell scripts to do XRL things.

For xorpsh, use the -c option to pass in commands.  Basically, a command is whatever
you would be typing in xorpsh directly, and that is the same stuff that is in the
xorp config file...

Ben