[Xorp-users] How to deploy a distributed router using XORP?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Aug 11 01:09:26 PDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 12:23 AM, Orz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to XORP and I am in a project that need to deploy distributed routers.
>
> I have known that XORP supports Click which is a modular router including many elements, but I wander if I can deploy distributed routers using Forz protocol on
> XORP,
>
> which is a interior control communication protocol based on Zebra and ForCES.I want to know if XORP support the the ForCES architecture.
>
> Has anyboby done that ?

You would probably have to port/write support for Forz into xorp.  I have never
heard of it before, and don't have personal interest in it, but I'd be happy
to help review and merge patches if someone else wants to work on it.

For that matter, I'm not sure Click works either...patches and documentation for
making it work are welcome as well.