[Xorp-users] No authentication parameters displayed

JobHunts02 at aol.com JobHunts02 at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 22:12:11 PDT 2011

When I enter:
./xorpsh -c "configure" -c "show -all protocols rip interface sat0 vif sat0
 address 10.0.1.219"

I get  the following output:

[  1970/01/03 02:14:48.245782 WARNING xorpsh RTRMGR ] [Operational Command
File:  /home/billr/xorptest/install/xorp/share/xorp/templates/misc.cmds line
39]:  Executable file not found: traceroute6
Invalid window width (0); window width unchanged (80)
Invalid window height (0); window height unchanged (25)
Welcome to XORP on localhost
root at localhost> configure
Entering configuration mode.
There are no other users in configuration mode.
[edit]
root at localhost# show -all protocols rip interface sat0 vif sat0 address
10.0.1.219
    metric: 1
    horizon: "split-horizon-poison-reverse"
    disable: false
    passive: false
    accept-non-rip-requests: true
    accept-default-route: true
    advertise-default-route: true
    route-timeout: 180
    deletion-delay: 120
    triggered-delay: 3
    triggered-jitter: 66
    update-interval: 30
    update-jitter: 16
    request-interval: 30
    interpacket-delay: 50
[edit]

NOTE:  There is no information regarding authentication.

Thinking that maybe nothing was output because I had not set up any
authentication, I entered:

./xorpsh -c "configure" -c "set protocols rip interface sat0 vif sat0
address 10.0.1.219 authentication simple-password masterchef"

I ran  the show command again and there was still no mention of the
authentication  parameters.

How do I get the  authentication parameters to be  displayed?