[Xorp-users] Building xorp-1.8.4 on Red Hat Linux AS5

Muzinich, Mike MuziniM at losrios.edu
Fri Dec 2 12:35:56 PST 2011

Please disregard my previous message.  The problem was with the complier.

Mike Muzinich
Network Security Administrator
Los Rios Community College District
mike.muzinich at losrios.edu
(916)568-3013

From: Mike Muzinich <muzinim at losrios.edu<mailto:muzinim at losrios.edu>>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 20:05:31 +0000
To: "xorp-users at xorp.org<mailto:xorp-users at xorp.org>" <xorp-users at xorp.org<mailto:xorp-users at xorp.org>>
Subject: [Xorp-users] Building xorp-1.8.4 on Red Hat Linux AS5

I am having problems building the latest release of xorp.  The two warnings are listed below.  Considering the message "sh: o: command not found" appears numerous times after the warnings, I am guessing the problem is related to the second warning.  Does anyone know how to  disable gprof profiling and/or shared libraries.

WARNING: The GNU gcc or g++ compiler was not detected on your system.  Some combinations of linker or compiler flags, specific to building XORP, may not function correctly.

WARNING: Your version of scons and/or python has a syntax issue with this code.  It cannot strip out the gprof related flags.  If your compile fails, please try disabling gprof profiling and/or shared libraries.  If the compile works, then you can ignore this warning.

mike.muzinich at losrios.edu
(916)568-3013
_______________________________________________ Xorp-users mailing list Xorp-users at xorp.org<mailto:Xorp-users at xorp.org> http://mailman.ICSI.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/xorp-users