[Xorp-users] VLAN Interfaces

Dan Moormann dmoormann at meccorp.mec.edu
Tue Feb 8 10:23:43 PST 2011

Thanks for the quick response Ben.  I can do that, and have found it works.  I was hoping
To be able to do this all from the xorpsh shell though to limit the number of things that
Have to be done outside the xorpsh.

On 2/8/11 12:07 PM, "Ben Greear" <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

On 02/08/2011 07:38 AM, Dan Moormann wrote:
> We've recently started to test xorp.ct 1.8 and are experiencing difficulty adding ip4 addresses to vlan vif's.  Using xorpsh, the vlan looks as though its being created when we look in /proc/net/vlan we see that it there. Though it takes the configuration, shows up in the configuration, and "run show interfaces", it does not show up using ifconfig or ip route from the shell.  We have found that creating the vlan with vconfig then going into xorpsh and configuring "interface vlan100 vif vlan100 address..." works.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I've always created vlans outside of xorp and treated them as regular interfaces
within xorp.