[Xorp-users] Error while running Xorp on Windows Server 2008

Grinberg, Leo Leo.Grinberg at iqor.com
Mon Feb 14 09:14:11 PST 2011

Leo Grinberg

Network Engineering

iQor

973-294-7021 (O)

646-320-2544 (C)

From: Grinberg, Leo
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 11:59 AM
To: xorp-users at xorp.org
Subject: Error while running Xorp on Windows Server 2008

I am trying to get rtrmgr to run.  The system is Windows Server 2008.
When I run the rtrmgr, the fea process dies and before it does so I get
the following warning and error.

WARNING C:\XORP\fea\xorp_fea.exe FEA ] Route via unknown interface index
13

FATAL c:\XORP\fea\xorp_fea.exe:2056 FEA +314
fibconfig_entry_set_iphelper.cc delete_entry ] Assertion (vifp != NULL)
failed

I have  the interface and vif configured as "Local Area Connection 2"
which is what shows up (naturally) when I do 'ipconfig' on my windows
machine from the command prompt.   I suspect the XORP is not able to
match the interface in the config file to the interface name on the
operating system.  Is that the case and what is the solution for this?
A bigger question:  is XORP supported on Windows 2008?

Leo Grinberg

Network Engineering

iQor

973-294-7021 (O)