[Xorp-users] XORP on Windows

Sharma2, Sandeep sandeep.sharma2 at iqor.com
Mon Feb 14 09:45:35 PST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to run XORP 1.6 on multiple platforms. I was able to get it
to run quite easily on Centos Linux 2.6.18 but ran into difficulties on
Windows Server 2008. I could not figure out the correct way to name the
network interfaces in the boot config file. Unfortunately I could not
get show_interfaces to run either.

Unsuccessfully tried:

Unix style interface names e.g. eth0 and ge0

Windows ipconfig syle interface names e.g. "Local Area Connection 2"

Can anyone point out the correct naming scheme for network interfaces on
Windows ?

Thanks,

Sandeep