[Xorp-users] VLAN Interfaces

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Feb 15 11:29:59 PST 2011

On 02/15/2011 11:32 AM, Joe Coco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found another problem.
>
> This check:
>
> 	//
>      // Test whether the VLAN already exists
>      //
>

>      if ((pulled_vifp != NULL)
>          &&  (pulled_vifp->is_vlan())
>          &&  (pulled_vifp->vlan_id() == config_vif.vlan_id())) {
>          return (XORP_OK);               // XXX: nothing changed
>      }
>

> Doesn't work.
>
> If you create eth1.100 vif for example, commit, then go back and crate eth1.200, it tries to add eth1.100 again and bombs.
>
> Cannot create VLAN interface eth1.100 (parent = eth1 VLAN ID = 100): File exists

I think I fixed one problem with the EEXIST already...are you using the latest xorp.ct git tree from github?
This is something you'd need to clone with git, not just download a canned snapshot.

Either way, you may still be correct about the test for VLAN existing....

In general, xorp.ct tries to keep two interface collections:

One is what we've discovered from the OS,
and the other is what is Configured by the user.
Generally, an interface needs to be in both trees
before it can be used by routing protocols, etc.