[Xorp-users] VLAN Interfaces

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Feb 15 11:56:02 PST 2011

On 02/15/2011 11:57 AM, Joe Coco wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
>> I think I fixed one problem with the EEXIST already...are you using the latest xorp.ct git tree from github?
>> This is something you'd need to clone with git, not just download a canned snapshot.
>
> I'm actually merging your changes with mine now, and I do see you made a fix for that.  Doh!
>
> I wasn't really sure how far you got fixing up the vlan code based on your comments last night, so I continued in the direction I was going in until this afternoon. I'm merging your changes now, especially now that I know a bit more about the code and what you changed.
>
> So in GIT, where are we with your changes functionality wise? Did you get it to the point where you can add and delete dev.vid vlan's and it set the appropriate IP address?

Yes, but the interface will not be admin up, and all sorts of code will not
actually function properly.

I remain convinced that making the vlans a normal interface in the config file
(and xorpsh), and adding some vlan-id and parent-dev fields so that we can
create them properly is the way to actually get this working.

This would still be a decent amount of work...