[Xorp-users] Xorp documentation

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Feb 28 05:40:55 PST 2011

On 02/27/2011 11:51 PM, Pierre Lepropre wrote:
> Ben,
>
> I'm wondering if there isn't a possibility to export the wiki to latex directly. I'm gonna look into that and keep you updated.
>
> Regards.

You can certainly write html so that it prints nicely, and it's easy to print
to pdf.

That is good enough for me..but user-guides are nice if they can be read somewhat like
a book ( a big linear document), and web pages are often more useful if they are shorter
with links to appropriate pages.

Someone could convert the latex to html (and have some scripts to convert the
individual sections into a complete document, using <!-- START_CONTENT --> or
similar tags.  I'm not sure we could edit the result in a wiki, but probably
more folks understand html and latex, so maybe it would still be a win.

About the only thing that is really difficult to do in html is to add page
headers/footers.  And it might take some css to get the printing to look
nicely...